Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pinterest Chicken bacon wild rice soup

A few months ago I ventured out into making my first ever homemade soup: ''roasted cauliflower white aged soup''. It turned out great and made me eager to find another soup recipe to make for the Winter season. About two weeks ago I came across this soup and it sounded absolutely amazing. Well, of course it did because... it has BACON in it!

This southern gal was super ecstatic about attempting another homemade soup. The preparation was pretty simple, I accidentally screwed up the flour and butter mixture the first time, luckily I didn't put any of the half-n-half in yet. Second time around I got the mixture nice and smooth. I actually added a couple extra tablespoons of cooking sherry and a dash of rosemary, it was a great addition.

Now, I do have to agree, it does taste extra good the second day. I had leftovers this afternoon and the flavors of the bacon and other seasonings just POPPED! My husband ate half the pot, shhh, don't tell him I told you, but that proves that it was really good!

Honestly, I got so caught up in making it, then devouring it, that I don't have a really good picture to share, boo! But this definitely is an easy homemade soup recipe, perfect for the Winter time and I think you should go to the grocery store and buy the ingredients and make it this upcoming week!

Enjoy!

Picture by: My Sweet Savannah




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for trying the soup! Glad you loved it!! xoxo, Melaine

    ReplyDelete