Sunday, July 14, 2013

Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Pinterest Review

Toasted cheese sandwiches have been around since ancient times, according to food historians. The modern version of the grilled cheese originated in the 1920's and then the ''Cheese Dream'' was popular during the Great Depression time.

The grilled cheese was originally made as an open sandwich, but the top slice of bread became popular in the 1960's. Today there thousands of variety grilled cheeses out there.

 Last summer when my husband and I were in Chicago we visited the Michelin Star chef, Graham Elliot's (MasterChef) sandwich shop where we discovered the craziest grilled cheese ever. This sandwich consisted of Campbell's tomato soup, handful of sharp cheddar cheese, then last topping was a dozen fresh cheese curds, then pressed on a panini grill till perfection. It held high standards for a long time. I have been informed by my husband who is from Wisconsin that he knows of a grilled cheese back in his hometown (Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin) that will blow the one I had in Chicago out of the water. I guess we will see next month if this is true or not? Check out all this amazingness... 




Last week I had a craving for a grilled cheese, but didn't want an ordinary grilled cheese.  I came across this unique ''Green Goddess' that sounded perfect to me! Ingredients included: Pesto, white melty cheese, spinach, goat cheese (which I used feta since I already had it in the house), avocado and I added a little bit of fresh basil to mine. This green goodness was absolutely delicious and fulfilling, and I look forward to devouring another one sometime soon!



You can find all the recipe details here: Taste Spotting

Check back soon for more Pinterest recipe reviews! 

No comments:

Post a Comment