Monday, October 22, 2012

Pinterest Lazy Sunday Casserole {Review}

We are changing this to ''Lazy Monday Casserole'', because it's just one of those day!! Over the weekend I made my list of recipes I wanted to make this week and finding a ''healthy'' German meal was on that list. I browsed and browsed various titles for bratwurst recipes, they all sounded good, but I just wanted something with more veggies and no sauerkraut. Finally after about a hour of searching I found this recipe and was one happy gal! It's actually in the oven as I am writing this and smells INCREDIBLE!

My husband comes from a German background, so I thought ''hey it's Oktoberfest month, let's have our own little celebration''!!! Tom was totally down for it. This isn't a traditional German meal, but has some similarities to other recipes I was researching. I wanted to spice up the recipe by substituting the chicken broth for beer, but we didn't have any. Definitely going to try it out next time though, I think it would taste extra amazing!

 There were a few things I did a little differently: Instead of plain Johnsonville Bratwurst I used their cheddar brats. For the seasoning I added a little bit of rosemary, thyme and parsley in the olive oil/chicken broth mixture. We absolutely loved the outcome.

Finally, after smelling it bake in the oven for over one hour it's time to dig in!


It was absolutely delicious! I am so thrilled I found this recipe and my husband would not stop saying: ''oh my gosh this is amazing''! Happy husband = Happy wife. Yet again my friends, another successful Pinterest recipe we highly recommend!

Recipe here: Lazy Sunday Casserole


No comments:

Post a Comment