Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beans & Turkey Franks

The past week I've been telling my husband that I want to rent ''The Little Rascals''. Tonight he took me to the video store and let me rent my movie! A Childhood favorite. Not only that, I decided to make a childhood favorite meal: Beans & Franks with creamy cornbread, yummmmmmy! I'm truly a kid at heart and love to embrace past memories. Tonight definitely was one of those moments and Tom loved eating one of my favorite ''kiddie meals''.




Ingredients:

2 cans Heinz homestyle brown sugar & bacon beans
6 Jennie O turkey franks (only .98 at walmart for a 12 pack - we LOVE Jennie O products so good and healthy too.) cut into sizes that you would prefer.
Mix ingredients together in a pot on low for 15-20 minutes

Cornbread:
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/3 Cup Cream style sweet corn
Follow directions of muffin box, add cream corn, place into greased mini muffin pan and cook for 15 minutes!

In 30 minutes you have a simple & fun family meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment