Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hot Artichoke Dip



There is nothing like dish of Hot Artichoke Dip to start off the Fall season.

This afternoon we enjoyed time with one of my husband's former co-workers and family. His mother asked me to make artichoke dip, I was more than happy to do so. 

One of my favorite people I follow, Ree Drummond has a scrumptious recipe for Hot Artichoke Dip. I mean, why go spend $10 on dip at a restaurant, when you can buy all the ingredients at the store for the same cost and feed 5-10 people.




 INGREDIENTS:  

two 14oz cans artichoke hearts, drained


 (SN:I'm addicted to Caladrea Lotions & Soaps!Definitely a staple in this house!!!)


8 oz block of cream cheese (I use the 8oz container, because you save .45!)
1 cup of real mayo (see last blog for homemade mayo.)
Cayenne Pepper
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Dash of salt
Freshly ground black pepper 


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees



DIRECTIONS: 

1.
Add 1 can o the artichokes, cream cheese, and the mayo to your mixing bowl (Kitchenaid or Food Processor)


2.
Sprinkle in cayenne pepper to taste (I like to sprinkle a little extree). Add the green onions to the bowl as well. 

3.
Pulse the mixture 5-7 times. You don't want to liquefy it, just get the artichokes all chopped up and mixed with the other ingredients. 
Mix the Parmesan and salt & pepper to taste, then set aside.
 



 4.

Now roughly chop up the remainder artichokes, add to the bowl and gently mix together. 








 (SN: I highly recommend The Pioneer Woman Cooks, cookbook. check out the side of my blog for super deals from Amazon.)


5.

 Place your dip into a oven safe dish and bake for Approx 20 minutes





LAST STEP:

Take out of the oven, serve with veggies, chips, crackers and breads!












No comments:

Post a Comment