Saturday, September 3, 2011

Grilled Jalapenos wrapped in bacon




It's my FAVORITE time of the year! 
College Football, Fall is in the air, Tailgating, Parties and wearing my favorite colors BLUE & ORANGE!!!!
This is also the time of the year where I am the most home sick, because I am missing out on going to the FLORIDA games and all the festivities!!!  




 This year I decided to make football season fun, not only just for me, but also trying to entice my husband with some wonderful savory, scrumptious, finger licking good food! 


Well before we get started on tonights treat, I am not sure if my husband knew what he really was signing up for when he started dating me. I mean, he knew I was a Gator fan but didn't know that I would have the laptop on with 4 games playing (Thanks ESPN!) and T.V. going at the same time. But as a friend said tonight in her FB Status: ''In marriage it is about compromise.... but there is just no compromising about football. Go Gators!!!''
SO TRUE, OH SO TRUE!  


Tonight, what better appetizer to have than some zesty jalapeno poppers! My husband loves spicy foods, he always has the bottle of Siracha aka Rooster Sauce at the table. I got creative and decided to make my own cream cheese mixture. I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
  
Kick Off Poppers!
 (Grilled Bacon wrapped Jalapeno's filled with Cream Cheese)

6 Jalapenos (Halved & De-Seeded)
12 Slices of Bacon (We used Turkey Bacon)
  8 oz package of Cream Cheese (We had leftover Cream Cheese, so we put it back in the container to save for later use.)
1/4 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 stalk Green Scallion finely diced
1/4 Red Pepper finely diced
Cilantro to season 
Salt & Pepper to season



1. Slice Jalapeno's in half, De-Seed, rinse well with cold water, pat dry. 
FYI: The seeds of the Jalapeno's contains oils that are VERY HOT!!!

2. Mix Cream Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Scallion, Red Pepper, Cilantro, Salt & Pepper in a mixer until mixture is softened. 



3. Take mixture and spoon into Jalapeno halves.

 Stay Classy in your game day attire!!!!
                                     


4. Wrap bacon around the Jalapeno's and secure with toothpick.

 5. Place Jalapeno's on a medium temperature grill. Cook until poppers are tender and bacon is well cooked. (Cooking times will vary. Alternate: You can also bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees until bacon is brown and CRISPY. Approx 15-20 minutes.)


 As you can see we cooked up some Johnsonville Brats!

5. Take your HOT Jalapeno's off the grill and place them on your serving tray or plate and ENJOY! 







CHECK BACK EVERY FRIDAY FOR THE NEXT GAME DAY TREAT!


1 comment:

  1. Wow...these look amazing! The recipe I have uses ground turkey but this one looks prettier. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete