Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Brunch




Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer. In high society, Labor Day is (or was) considered the last day of the year when it is fashionable for women to wear white.

 
 Myself, I never wear white. Within 10 minutes I probably, most likely would look like this...






Tom was snuggled up under the blankets this morning, playing on his phone, enjoying the beautiful breeze coming through the windows. I got up a little earlier to surprise him with Brunch-fast!

Saturday we made Bacon wrapped Jalapeno poppers, I had a carton full of the cream cheese mixture leftover, so I decided I would re-use it this morning. I decided to make a open faced, bacon, egg sandwich, with a side of fresh strawberries and homemade fruit dip.. can't forget the Iced Chai Tea !!!




 SN: My favorite places to buy mugs from is Anthropologie!





Ingredients: 

2 Slices of Everything Bread (You can find this in the bakery section at Wal-Mart, seriously the best bread!)
3 Eggs
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/3 Cup Tomatoes, diced
Cream Cheese (Want the cream cheese recipe that I used today? Go to Love & Football post)
Salt & Pepper to season 
4 slices of bacon (I used Turkey bacon today.)



Directions:

1.

Scramble your eggs and add your minced garlic.


2.

Cook your bacon till well done. while you are doing that go ahead and heat up your panini (if you don't have a panini, just use your toaster/toaster oven) and place on there till your bread is slightly golden brown. 
3. 

Take your cream cheese and spread it on top of your bread. Then add your scramble eggs and top it with bacon & your freshly diced tomatoes. Season with Salt & Pepper.


Tom could smell everything cooking, so my ''Surprise'' brunch-fast turned into him helping me.




 
Easiest Fruit Dip:
 serves: 2

12 Strawberries sliced
(or Sour Cream)
3-4 tbsp brown sugar





Mix Greek yogurt and brown sugar together well. Then serve with fresh fruits! 





Wisco starring at us from outside! Don't mind the jungle scenery!


 so yummy!



 The best colors, Orange & Blue!



 Wisco, digging holes.


 I love this little guy so much!



Have a wonderful Labor day, filled with Love & Laughter!




1 comment:

  1. Wisco is a doll, and so is your blog! Great work. Your delicious dishes put my cooking to shame. I think Wisco would be the only one eating my creations. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete