Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pinterest Crockpot French Onion Soup {Review}


Do you have a favorite soup? I absolutely love french onion soup, it's a perfect soup for all seasons! Every year my husband and I spend a week of our Summer back in his hometown, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. I love this little quaint resort town. One of my favorite things to do is visit a local restaurant called: Lola's, they serve the best French onion soup!

Ever since my first visit to this restaurant I have been so eager to make it. There are so many great recipes out there, but this one truly stood out the most. The blogger adapted this recipe from Tyler Florence from the Food Network channel. Jessica, the blogger, her pictures are fabulous, I love her passion throughout her blog about cooking and have been tweeting her about how I couldn't wait to try this recipe out!

The recipe calls for beer, but there are such a wide variety of beers out there that we skipped that and substituted it for a dry white wine. It was a perfect substitution!

 Bota Boxes are 16oz & $5

 The recipe calls for fresh thyme, but our local grocery store was out, boo!

 
If you are looking for a good quality utility knife, check out this knife, it's amazing! 

This morning while at Panera having brunch with my friend I picked up a fresh warm baked french  baguette, which is placed on top of the soup, yummy! After work I came home and with no hesitation and made a big bowl! I had ants in my pants, couldn't wait any longer! After broiling the soup/cheese for 3-5 minutes in the oven it was finally time to take my first bite, it was just simply amazing! I was totally blown away how awesome this recipe was and so was my husband! Thank you Jessica for posting this recipe, I am so glad I pinned it, tried it and reviewed it! 

Check out the recipe here: How sweet it is

3 comments:

  1. This French onion soup looks great. I look forward to following you on Facebook, Pinterest, and twitter. Blessings, Diane Roark www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, thanks for stopping by! The French onion soup is simply delicious. Honestly, I was skeptical at first because I have high standards for this soup and it totally made the cut! Try it out some time you won't be disappointed! Looking forward to finding some yummy recipes on your blog, stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete