Monday, September 24, 2012

Pinterest Baked Oatmeal Apple Cups {Review}




So that one time you thought you were baking one thing but you ended up baking another. Yep story of my life right now. I was going to make whole wheat apple muffins {stay tuned} but instead I ended up making these yummy treats.

I enjoyed browsing through this blog Sugar Free Mom . She has wonderful recipes and I love her personality. These baked oat cups are pretty simple, have great ingredients {Honey, Oats, Flax, Banana, etc.} that we use daily in our breakfast.

There were a few things I didn't have: Unsweetened applesauce - so I used 1/2 of cinnamon applesauce, stevia - I used honey, around 4tbsp because I love to drizzle honey over my oats, Instead of using walnuts, raisins or chocolate chips, I used apples that I had already chopped up.

One thing I would change is not using cupcake liners. I found the mix stuck to the paper regardless if you used spray. Make sure you spray down your pan well though.

After 30 minutes baking and 10 minutes of cooling the first taste was really good. My husbands first word were ''very healthy''. He soon did what I like to do and drizzled a little honey over the baked cups and said ''oh yeah''.. that's a good sign!

I really look forward to making the whole wheat muffins next time around. Give these a try one week and add a topping you would really enjoy!

Thanks Sugar Free Mom for sharing this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment