Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mud Pie


Last weekend our church had a huge event celebrating the 4th of July. Our friends had asked us to come over for a little cook out before all the festivities began. I decided that I wanted to make a sweet treat for the kiddo's! After contemplating for a couple of days about what I wanted to make, I remembered one of my favorite childhood treats, MUD PIE! I looked up the recipe and was in total disbelief when I saw the ingredients (cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped cream, yuck!) and decided that I would come up with my own simple & ''healthier'' recipe. Also, I got a little creative and served in inside of a beach pail, and the serving spoon was the beach shovel, so fun!

(4) boxes of instant chocolate pudding
(1) bag of regular worms & (1) bag of sour worms
(1) box of oreos
(1) 12oz whipped cream (frozen food aisle)

Follow instructions on the instant pudding boxes
Fold in whipped cream
Finely crush oreos & set aside (If you have a food processor, use it!)

In your pail layer pudding, crushed oreos, worms, and repeat till your pail is filled to the top!







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment