Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies


Last night my husband wanted me to make oatmeal raisin cookies, I was more than happy to do so. As I was getting the recipe together I wanted to incorporate the left over pumpkin I had in the fridge, along with raisinets (chocolate covered raisins).

My husband left for his daily hike, and as soon as he walked in the door he followed the smell straight to the plate and started to devour the cookies. That was a good sign, and I must admit I couldn't eat any until after dinner because I um... (puts head down) ate the leftover batter in the bowl! 


Ingredients:


  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup raisinets


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
  2. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl.
  3. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
  4. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in raisinets.
  5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
  6. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and set in centers. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.



ENJOY!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! I found you on SITS, and I am also from Oklahoma. Joined the Okie group. So, now there are 3 of us, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love the combination of pumpkin and oatmeal. My favorite kind this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete