Monday, November 7, 2011

Fried Apples

One of my favorite restaurants is Cracker Barrel. Every time I go I always order their fried apples. I have been craving them, so I decided to make some in the crockpot today. When I came home from running my errands I checked on them, gave them a little stir, and let them cook for another hour. After 4 hours in the crockpot the fried apples were ready, and absolutely delicious! 

Ingredients:

3 pounds Granny Smith apples ($3.46 @ Walmart) peeled, cored and diced
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/4tsp nutmeg
3tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
3tbsp butter cut into small squares






















Makes 3 1/2 - 4 cups
Time: 4 hours

Turn your crockpot on warm. Place your apples and all other ingredients into your crockpot, stir twice, then top your cut up butter pieces ontop. Cook on warm for 2 hours, stir again twice, cook for another 2 hours. You want your apples to be tender, not mushy. 

Serve with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy! 








1 comment:

  1. This looks really yummy and it seems easy! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete