Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Icing


 
 
Pumpkin muffins without the cream cheese topping/filling is simply like not having cheese with your macaroni. Yesterday I ventured off to Michael's craft store, and bought a new decorating tips: 8B,230, and more pastry bags. I am no expert on piping (someday), but this is where you just get creative and make it your ''own''. I simply took tip 230 and inserted it into the pumpkin muffin (all the way to the bottom) and filled it with the cream cheese mixture. Then I took tip 8b and piped the top of the muffin. You can even take some carmel and drizzle on top as well, yum!

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz Philadelphia
  • 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 5 tbsp brown sugar
combine all your ingredients until smooth.

You can use a spatula to ice the cupcakes or you can pipe them.  


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the taste of Pumpkin! I will have to see if I can alter the recipe a bit with Tofetti and Florida Crystals...we don't eat any animal products (vegan), but wow this idea looks YUMMY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very yummy! Please let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete