Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beer Chili


We had our first cold front come through yesterday, quite lovely I must say. It was such a great feeling to finally take out my patagonia jacket, along with my Toms that are lined with wool-like fabric, and sit outside for awhile watching my dog roll around the yard.

Chili is such a fun recipe, there are so many varieties. My first time having beer chili was back home. I don't recall where exactly I had it, but it was the best I have ever had. So I attempted to make it, a little skeptical I must say, but the one who would tell me yay or nay was my other half, Tom. He finally came home, his first words out of his mouth were ''WOW it smells incredible in here'', my thoughts ''I hope it taste incredible''! Soon after he sat down I served him a bowl, there were no words. Finally he said ''Honey, this is the most amazing chili I have ever had, seriously, amazing''! Whew I was relieved, I tell ya. I sat down and had a bowl, and if there is one word to describe all the flavors combined in this recipe it would be: ZESTY!









Ingredients: 

1 bottle of Sierra Nevada Torpedo
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 can rotel (lime)
1 can black beans
1 can chili w/ beans
1 can sweet
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 package of taco seasoning
1 pound ground beef (we used ground turkey)
   

Crock-Pot temperature: High
Stove: Medium/High


Place all your ingredients into your pot as they are listed above (not your meat). Cook your meat, then place it into your pot with other ingredients, mix well. Let your chili cook for 2-2 1/2 hours. Garnish with a dollop of plain greek yogurt (this is our substitute for sour cream) and sprinkle of cheese on top. Serve with a side to tortilla strips, and ENJOY!







1 comment: