Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pumpkin Cake Recipe





 
Taken last Fall at our favorite park: Woodward!




Fall, I have no patience to wait till Oct 1st to start celebrating these two glorious months! Pumpkin candles are burning, Fall decor is starting to make its appearance and the weather is starting to change, slowly. 

I had the urge to attempt to make a Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese roll, I'm going to be honest, it failed. But when something goes wrong the best thing to do is IMPROVISE! That's exactly what I did :) 


So, I rolled out my cake, stared at it in disappointment as the cake cracked slowly down the middle. But quickly got over it and made them into mini cakes. I was thrilled how well they turned out!! Don't let one thing ruin the dish, be creative and just fix the problem! 



Ingredients:

1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
1/4 Tsp Salt
3 Large Eggs
1 Cup Grounded Sugar
2/3 Cup Pure Pumpkin (Libby's)
1 (8oz) Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla


 Directions: 

1.
Pre-Heat your oven to 375 degrees

2.
Grease a 15x10 cake pan, line with wax paper, grease and flour paper.

3.
 In a Medium size mixing bowl, Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, salt and set aside.

4.
Beat Eggs and Sugar in mixer until thick. Then beat in the pumpkin, followed by the flour mixture till well mixed. 





5. 
Pour evenly into your greased pan and bake for 13-15 minutes. (To know it is done, press finger into cake, if it springs back you are good to go!)

6. 
Let cake cool, then flip cake out onto a serving tray, clean counter or cutting board.


7.
Cut your pieces into squares, however big or small you want them? 





Cream Cheese Mixture:

Beat Cream Cheese, Vanilla, Powdered sugar, butter until smooth. 


8.
Place your cream cheese mixture in between layers and refrigerate. 

9.
Before serving, sprinkle a little powdered over the top of the cakes and ENJOY!



By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer's best of weather And autumn's best of cheer. - Helen Hunt Jackson


11 comments:

  1. These sound delicious!
    Found your blog thru SITS and am now following you.
    Please follow back.
    I am from Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patty, gotta love SITS, GREAT connections! They are scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those look good, though it might be easier if you could just mail me a batch. :) Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are delicious! Mailing, not sure if they would even make it out my door :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Rachel @ Wordpress: AHHH i want theseee! i work at whole foods and they used to have pumpkin cookies but they’ve vanished so i’m looking for a new pumpkin recipe. i looove your blog too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Hannah Albright @ Wordpress: I’m so making these for kelsons bday! He loves pumpkin! I love your blog Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Arvee @ Wordpress: Hi Kim! ;) Your blog’s lookin’ good! I came over from the SITS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, I found your blog through SITS and signed up to be a follower. This was a great recovery plan and looks super yummy! I'm definitely going to try it out.
    Happy Blogging!
    Kristen
    http://www.thepreppygirlinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming back to visit from SITS. These sound and look amazing. I am hungry just reading the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, these sound and look TOO yummy! Dangerous :-). Visiting as a SITSister. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies, I definitely will come stop by you page this week! If you try them out let me know how it goes ;) Check back later this week for another yummy pumpkin recipe I made using the leftover cake!

    ReplyDelete