Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pumpkin Cake Pops

Might not be the best picture, but they are GREAT!



 Two weeks ago I made Pumpkin Cakes (Previous Post). I had some leftover cake and I was going to use it to make Pumpkin croutons, instead I made Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Cake Pops!!!

I didn't know what I was really getting myself into by making these. I tried to make other cake pops, lets just say, actually I will not say anything at all!!! But let me re-assure you that these Pumpkin Pops are delicious,  even my husband loved them, he isn't much of a sweets eater!

 

CAKE INGREDIENTS:


1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
1/4 Tsp Salt
3 Large Eggs
1 Cup Grounded Sugar
2/3 Cup Pure Pumpkin (Libby's)
1 (8oz) Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
Chocolate for melting 
(Use what you prefer. I used Chocolate Bark.) 
Lollipop Sticks 
(buy at any local craft store.)
Cup or deep bowl filled with rice or beans 
(To hold your cakepops up!)
Lollipop Plastic Wrappers
Waxpaper

 Directions: 

1.
Pre-Heat your oven to 375 degrees

2.
Grease a 15x10 cake pan, line with wax paper, grease and flour paper.

3.
 In a Medium size mixing bowl, Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, salt and set aside.

4.
Beat Eggs and Sugar in mixer until thick. Then beat in the pumpkin, followed by the flour mixture till well mixed. 





5. 
Pour evenly into your greased pan and bake for 13-15 minutes. (To know it is done, press finger into cake, if it springs back you are good to go!)



6.
Take your cake and let it cool either in the fridge or freezer. I placed my cake in the freezer for about 20 minutes. 

7.
When your cake is chilled then crumble your cake batter into a bowl.

No, that isn't pumpkin, it's funfetti. But that's what it is supposed to look like!

 8.
After your cake is crumbled well. Fold in 8 ounces of Cream Cheese.

 9.
You will then, make small cake balls and put them on a wax paper lined tray. Put them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes, again, you don't want them completely frozen. In the meantime go ahead and melt your chocolate, of course a little taste test doesn't hurt!

10. 
After 20 minutes, pull your cake balls out. Dip the end of the stick into the chocolate, then GENTLY stick into cake ball (1'') and dip (Don't swirl around, otherwise you will have cake all in your chocolate.) into chocolate. Stick into your designated cup/bowl and continue to repeat steps.



SN: I woke up to breakfast and 7 gorgeous sunflowers last week, my husband said: ''Happy 7 months honey''! So thoughtful :)

11.
Place your Cake Pops in the fridge till chocolate is completely harden. Then put your Cake Pops in plastic lollipop wrappers and enjoy with family and friends!  
(Or just leave in your cup/bowl and serve them as dessert after dinner or a party!)




Happy Baking <3

9 comments:

  1. We have those little green Ikea mugs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great! I couldn't decide which color I wanted, so I got 1 in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those mugs as well, but my husband has worked for IKEA for the past 12+ years... ya pretty much everything in the house is IKEA. What can a girl do?

    I've never made cake balls, I just might have to give it a go. I think the kids would like them.

    http://www.mwac.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would love a IKEA home, but the closest one from where we live is 5.5 hours :-/ I used to go all the time when I was back home in Florida. Well if you don't have the lollipop sticks just dip them in chocolate and place them on wax paper, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I may have to make these for some of the neighborhood kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so yummy! Can't wait to give them a try! (Here from SITS, love your banner!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those look delicious!! found you through your link in thesitsgirls.com, now following!

    http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love IKEA, probably too much. And cake balls. Those I also love. Again probably too much. My kids have a lot of fun "helping" me make them--meaning they try to sneak tastes the whole time!

    I think yours also turned out great, pumpkin is perfect for this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look SO good!! How festive!!

    ReplyDelete